View Single Post
Old 05-26-2008, 04:49 PM   #1422
samifan24
Pro Starter

This game is awesome...and unbelievably frustrating.

So I'm having fun and doing pretty well in my first season at Coventry City. We're sitting 7th in the Championship with about a quarter left in the season. Forward Michael Mifsud has been unstoppable this season. He has 23 goals, 12 assists and eight MoMs for a rating of 7.50 in 28 league games for us.

One day I get an e-mail that Ipswich is offering up a pretty good DM for free. They signed him for about $950,000 at the beginning of the year but buried him on the reserves and now he's angry and wants out. I say hey, sure, why not.

The next day I get an e-mail that our chairman accepted a bid from Ipswich for Mifsud, our star striker, for $5.25 mil (his listed value). Two days later, Mifsud agrees to terms and signs with Ipswich. Just like that! I didn't have a say or anything and we lose our best player in the middle of the season. It's really frustrating but I have to smile because this game is so awesome.