View Single Post
Old 05-26-2008, 09:58 AM   #1419
Ajaxab
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post
I've said it before, and I will say it again...

No other game has ever given me enough grief or ridiculous joy as Football Manager.

+1

I've managed Bromley from Blue Square South to League One over a seven year period. We got into League One through the playoffs last season and that did give me ridiculous joy. But this season has been nothing but grief. We're sitting in 23rd with five games to go and barring a miracle will be going down. I've been playing CM/FM since 96/97 and this will be the first time I'll be in charge of a relegated squad...if I can bring myself to play out the season.

It's a strange thing. When I'm winning (like last season), I just want to keep on playing. But when I'm losing, it's tough to want to boot up the game. I'm not a quitter so I know I need to take my medicine and suck it up. But this game has caused me to identify with my players to such a degree that I know it's going to hurt to see that relegation message in my inbox when the season's over. The prospect of seeing that message makes me want to avoid something I know needs to be done. I don't want relegation on my managerial record, but to stay loyal to my club, I don't have a choice.
Ajaxab is offline   Reply With Quote