View Single Post
Old 05-23-2008, 11:38 AM   #32
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
I found a couple of blogs that try to explain it.
http://www.bcchardware.com/index.php...=5660&Itemid=1
[i]What this basically does is avoids the situation where a seller provides crappy service, then when the buyer leavers negative/neutral feedback, the seller in return does the same unfairly. However, for sellers, it removes the ability to leave bad feedback for buyers, and might open the doors to stupid buyers leaving negative feedback unfairly without the Seller being able to do anything. eBay also says it will remove any negative feedback for sellers if the feedback was left by a suspended buyer or left by a buyer who hasn't responded to the unpaid item process. More on the changes can be found over here.

Damned if I buy the logic in this change.

First they raised fees on the sellers, now this. Looks to me as though they're trying to reduce the number of sellers, looking to get as many as possible in their storefront program (whatever it's called) and wipe out the smaller sellers.

sellers can still comment on the feedback they receive, can't they? Maybe getting buyers to be more honest outweighs the loss of buyers able to identify bad sellers. If a seller is bad enough, Ebay will handle it, I suppose.
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote