View Single Post
Old 05-22-2008, 05:24 PM   #33
AgustusM
College Prospect

I am very cautiously anticipating this game.

1. my biggest complaint from the first game was the ludicrous decision to lock the game at 5 min quarters and that has been confirmed fixed. qtr lengths are adjustable. I still think in a football SIM game there shouldn't be any such thing as qtr time. Qtrs=15 min and the clock should accell appropriately to equal an average NFL number of plays. But at least with the adjustable qtrs that can be approximated.

2. my second biggest problem was the torture that was the interface - that has been trashed as well

3. issue #3 was the non realistic sim stats - lets call this one a wait and see.

4. the graphics in the last version were behind the current standard by a couple years. early screens seem to indicate they are up to "next gen" standards

5. the focus of the last game with the "feelings" of the players and staff has been trashed and the guy who came with it appropriately fired, tortured, killed, whatever.

I am disappointed in the departure from the PC, but as much as that ticks me off - I think that is more of an industry thing then a specific title thing and I understand the rationale behind it, even if I don't like it.

Having said all that I am very cautiously anticipating the game, last time I thought it was going to be the game of my dreams and I was very disappointed. EA has proved time and time again their ability to disappoint the hell out of me by coming so close, yet so far so I will

Of course I have already pre-ordered because I like to set money on fire to keep up with my wife.
AgustusM is offline   Reply With Quote