View Single Post
Old 05-19-2008, 11:46 AM   #36
weegeebored
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shkspr View Post
More to the point, I don't think anyone here gives a fuck about the mindless appeals to emotionalism that the twelve and a half minutes any of the trolls that are bitching about this today and didn't have a goddamned opinion on the subject four weeks ago have come up with on an issue that none of you are going to be even remotely concerned about in August.
I cannot agree more. Even though I admitted that the horse racing industry needs to clean up it's act my posts still came under attack from some as if I was supporting illegal drug use. Apparently there is too much of a knee-jerk reaction from the general public because the twice a year casual fan is upset that they saw Barbaro and Eight Belles go through what they did. Hell, I'm a huge racing fan and I was upset! But as someone mentioned, horses break down all of the time just not on national tv. It's a part of racing. Nobody likes it. But, should the sport be banned as some contend? I don't think so. But if you want to argue to that extreme than you better become a vegan because I'll extend those kinds of arguments to their (il)logical conclusion.
weegeebored is offline   Reply With Quote