View Single Post
Old 05-17-2008, 01:26 PM   #9
Deattribution
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by weegeebored View Post
14ers,

Are you a sports fan in general or do you just hate horse racing? Why do I ask? Because if you're a sports fan you should be more concerned with the illegal activities going on in football (American and European), baseball, pro wrestling, hockey, tennis, track and field, high school sports... Need I go on?

Believe me, fans of horseracing (esp. handicappers like me) would prefer to see the sport cleaned up. The trainer of Big Brown is notorious for (allegedly) using things like snake venom to boost the performance of his horses. His nickname is Drug-trow if that's any indication of how people feel about him. It's hard to make a confident bet not knowing how many of the horses are juiced.

So I think the title of your thread is way over the top. Perhaps you are a closet tree-hugger?

Defensive much?

All other 'professional' sports are being scrutinized over their drug use, it's all a work in progress but horse racing gets a free pass for some reason, but I don't think it will for much longer, and it's about time.
Deattribution is offline   Reply With Quote