View Single Post
Old 05-15-2008, 06:49 PM   #439
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
I don't know how people can watch the NBA. The last 1:05 of the Cavaliers-Celtics game took 14 minutes to elapse. I turned the game on with that 1:05 on the clock and I told my wife I'd be in bed in a few minutes. Sure, I expected it to take maybe 5 minutes or so, but it took 14 minutes to run 65 seconds off the clock.

By comparison, the final 2:30 of the Red Wings-Stars hockey game took less time, and that was with a timeout, two penalties, and the puck going out of play at least once.

I've seen college basketball games in which the final 1:05 took only 1:04 to complete. I've been to a 3 Doors Down concert that was over in less than 14 minutes. When I was in fifth grade, I made out with one of my teachers and got myself pregnant in only 12 minutes.

Screw the NBA.

This I do agree with. Basketball should not turn in to the NFL in the last minute, with coaches calling a time out to bring on a different lineup and draw up a different play each possession. I think teams get too many timeouts - should be 1 full TO and 1 20 sec TO per quarter in the NBA. Keep the TV timeouts that are unavoidable.