View Single Post
Old 05-11-2008, 01:05 PM   #492
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince View Post
As for there only being 2k fans at the game SI, I've never understood why people don't migrate down for better seats. Does security still bounce people out even if there's hardly a crowd?

At the start of the game, there was an announced attendance of 15K (MLB claims sold tickets, not turnstile numbers) and, looking at the crowd, most of them actually made it there to claim their umbrellas.

By the end of the game, yeah, pretty much everyone moved down to the lower deck. We were down in section 102 or 104, right behind home plate. There were maybe 100 people in the upper deck but we didn't decide to move down until around the 6th or 7th. It was one of those things where we had stayed in our seats for hours to keep them dry so we didn't necessarily want to give them up.

I did get a fun souvenir, tho. In the pregame warmups, some of the people in our section went to the front of the upper deck, good naturedly taunting two of the Orioles (I didn't catch who they were) who were playing long toss to see if they could throw their warmup ball into the upper deck. The player missed on his first try so he overcompensated and threw it extra hard on the second try and it made the 4th row, where I caught it on the fly right at my seat

Here's a picture of the rain:

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 05-11-2008 at 01:07 PM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote