View Single Post
Old 10-23-2000, 06:19 AM   #30
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

2002 FREE AGENCY PERIOD

Computer lists my priorities as starting RB, S and LB in that order. I also put QB and DE high on the list and a good WR would be nice too since Pickens and Mills are aging. I have $23M cap dollars to sign FA's. Here are my offers:

WR Eric Moulds (Buffalo)--4 yrs, $22M--The 7th-year man out of Mississippi state would be a nice addition to my receiving corps.
DE Duane Tayer (Carolina)--2 yrs, $1.5M--2nd-year man from Ole Miss, Taylor has 57 run defense potential and 62 pass rush potential and isn't wanting much money.
LB Jamie Duncan (Tampa Bay)--4 yrs, $15.5M--5th-year guy from Vandy has rock-solid ratings and over 75 tackles each of the last 3 seasons.
S Ralph Staten (Tampa Bay)--3 yrs, $8.25M--Not great, but better than what I've got. Would start for me.

Week 1
DE Tayer signs, and I'm highest offer for Duncan, Moulds and Staten.

Week 2
Duncan and Moulds sign.

Weeks 3-7
no changes

Week 8
Staten re-signs with Tampa Bay for 2 yrs, $5.39M. No other safeties out there, and no one else piques my interest, so I'm done here.

Well, I have a solid developing OL and a good young defense that will be immediately bolstered by the addition of Duncan, and Tayer could help out as well. Pretty solid infrastructure in place if I can get a QB and/or RB in the draft to boost my offensive punch.

[This message has been edited by SkyDog (edited 10-23-2000).]