View Single Post
Old 05-06-2008, 01:53 AM   #234
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
It seems that people aren't really digesting the fact that the Bishop role is absolutely nuetral to you at the moment.

obviously.

So onto the Knights. They are going to be most useful if they have a lot of pieces around them for them to scan. This fact alone makes me think that my neutral-zone plan is the way to go. Let's face it if the white knight winds up surrounded by black pieces it's not really very likely that it will survive. However if it's surrounded by pieces of it's own colour then it's in a much secure position.

My feeling is that to maximise the knights potential to discover roles all villagers should make an effort to wind up with their piece next to the knight at the end of the day. Meanwhile the wolves will be trying to keep their distance and/or influence the knights so they wander off to the other side of the board and get gobbled up by the opposition.

To get a decent set of pieces surrounding the knight they need to move from their start position. It gets tricky to co-ordinate that though. Ideally, though, they need to follow standard chess practice and try to move to a centralised position. Meanwhile villagers should be trying to position their pieces to get themselves in range of the knight. Knights should be very wary of any scheme their partner hatches that sees them move away from the safety of their own side. In fact that goes for everyone, apart from the queen who, at least, knows that her partner isn't a wolf.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote