View Single Post
Old 05-06-2008, 01:39 AM   #233
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I think we also need to establish which sort of role reveals warrant a save from a lynch. My thoughts are that we don't want to lynch knights, the wolf-bodyguard rook and the Queen. If I were to rank them I'd probably put them as;

Wolf-Bodyguard Rook - Can stop the wolves making a night kill. Little ambiguity to that really.
Knights - I'm doubtful of their value although I've been trying to think of a way to improve their value and will see what I can come up with.
Queen - I was doubtful whether to include this piece, as I'll explain later.

I've seen a couple of comments that really confuse me. It seems that people are really digesting the fact that the Bishop role is absolutely nuetral to you at the moment. (unless you're a bishop yourself, in which case someone else having it are at the bottom of the list). A bishop will find out the allegiance of someone there's only a 50% chance that that fact will benefit your side. I sort of get the feeling that people are (sub-conciously, at least) thinking that the roles are all going to be helping their side. This explains the love of the queen. In fact I'm strongly tempted not to include the queen in my list of roles we don't want to lynch because, Heh! There's a 50% chance that lynching the queen will significantly help my side. The only reason I included it is because it's the one piece that can really threaten the opponent's king at any stage in the game - and the wolves really don't like pieces like that.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote