View Single Post
Old 05-06-2008, 12:59 AM   #229
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
I think we're looking at far more than 4 wolves. I would suggest 6 or 8. If they're aren't 6 or 8 we're looking at a situation where it's virtually impossible for them to win. Considering that in Pass's last game it was virtually impossible for the wolves to win, it's quite possibly true in this game as well. So in that case we're playing chess.

How so? We have four knights but for all we know one of those is a wolf (yes Cronin, I really don't see why a knight shouldn't be a wolf. Pass actually used the number 18. If he was excluding knights it would be 14. And if you're going to exclude knights then you'd better exclude the wolf bodygaurds - meaning all we have to do is look at the pawn, bishop, 2 of the rooks and queens as potential wolves). If one is a wolf then the wolves know the identity of the other wolf.

The wolves ideal on-board tactics will be to play it safe, letting the villager pieces take all the risks and die. With the sort of information pool they have they have a very good chance of knowing everything that's going on on the board, so they can position themselves safely and subtly try to influence their PM partners to take an aggressive approach and spring a trap on them.

The wolves have a lot going on for them. I don't see any reason to believe that there need be more than 4 - in fact many more than that and the fact that they know who their PM partner is means that they can get a pretty comprehensive picture of what role everyone has. If anything I'd balance the game by having less wolves.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote