View Single Post
Old 05-05-2008, 09:42 PM   #208
hoopsguy
General Manager

Oops, I multi-quoted in the wrong thread. If you actually want to follow the links go to the Heroes thread But the content is listed below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
I'm OK with no lynch, but a little worried that we could be giving up two kills per night - one to Company, one to Sylar. The kills to Sylar, if it follows the show, equate to him gaining powers. For better or worse, people we lynch don't get eaten by Sylar. And we gain no info from a player on the hot seat if we vote no lynch. No matter the format, werewolf is always about gaining information. Do we really gain more information by not applying any pressure for one day in the thread rather than taking a shot at a bad guy with a largely random Day 1 vote?

Those are the reasons to go against the trend. Just making sure that someone is actually representing them in the thread before we all go down the no lynch path.

Quote:
Lathum, I don't know how it is going to work. If I had to guess then I would think the Company kills every night and Sylar every other one while he is out there, but we (villagers) will all get to find out together over the next couple of days.

I just think that people are jumping on the "no lynch" idea pretty quickly. And I generally don't like bandwagons. So I wanted to at least present the opposing viewpoint, which I felt had been under-represented up to this point.

I'm probably going to put a vote on someone rather than go "no lynch", even if it is appears to be futile.

Quote:
Lathum, I'm of the opinion that we need to get information - just like an other game of werewolf. Applying pressure is one way to do it. Runaway "no lynch" decisions is not a way to apply pressure to anyone.

Is the pressure applied on Day 1 often misdirected? Yep, especially when the final votes come in. But I'm not wild about the idea of foregoing discussion on players for a day, even if the end result is going to be "No Lynch". In fact, I would much rather see a tight vote - with or without "No Lynch" as one of the options available for voting.

Player A = 7 votes
Player B = 7 votes
No Lynch = 8 votes

That works just fine for me.

No Lynch = 20 votes
Player A = 2 votes
Player B = 1 vote

That doesn't work for me at all, in terms of getting value from the day.

It didn't take long at all to find this - these posts are from Day 1 of the Heroes game. I guess you can argue tone, but I don't think that I was all that over-the-top this time around. But I think I'm pretty consistent in my arguments on "No Lynch" - and Heroes had a ruleset that I thought was more compelling for "No Lynch" than this game.

I'll keep pulling up from other threads if there really is a belief that I'm pushing some kind of different agenda this game than others. But if people really want me to do that it is going to have to happen tonight as I don't think I'll be able to do much post diving tomorrow from work.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote