View Single Post
Old 05-05-2008, 12:39 AM   #296
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Interesting comments from Joe Johnson after Sunday's loss in Boston.
http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sp...hawks0505.html

"I thought we'd come into this game knowing what was at stake and knowing we had a chance to make history and move on to the next round," Hawks captain and All-Star Joe Johnson said. "I thought we'd come out with a lot more enthusiasm and a lot more discipline and we didn't do any of that. We came out so lethargic. We had no continuity on offense. It was a joke, man."
"We're so inexperienced and we showed that every game in Boston," Johnson said. "We had no chance of winning games here. None. I guess some of these guys thought we were just going to be able to come out and play hard and have fun. There's more to it than that.

"Four games here and we got run ragged all four times. You would think in Game 7 you would have a [expletive] clue. We didn't have a clue as to what was going on out there."

Thing that struck me was that, in addition to his understandable frustration, I'm pretty sure somebody was sent under a bus ... but it seemed more like the players than the coach. Johnson has already voiced his desire that Woodson stay while saying that the team needed more veteran players because "We've got a lot of young guys that are just running wild [on offense]".