Thread: Disney
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2008, 12:09 PM   #26
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

My daughter works for Disney, the past three years in Guest Relations in the Magic Kingdom. In April, she started her new job in Imagineering, so she won't be in the park any more. However, her boyfriend (and many other friends) is still in Guest Relations and does many of the tours. His 'Family Magic' Tour costs extra, but he does an excellent job and it is very kid oriented.

Also, if you win the night in the suite in Cinderella's castle, you may meet him because he is often the concierge on the late shift. Her long time friend and suite-mate is manager of the Liberty Tree restaurant and she has managed many of the other ones, too.

Coronado Springs is a nice place to go when you have kids. We stayed there right after it opened and some glitches (like the hot water not running one morning) but otherwise it is fine. The buses will be crowded, particularly coming back from the Magic Kingdom when its closing. As to Extra Magic, yes stay away from that park that day, but do go to the Extra Magic hours that they charge for. I don't know if that's the same name or not. But when they sell extra tickets, fewer folks are in the park and you can do things like ride Buzz Light Year continuously for an hour, like I did.

The newest ride is a Toy Story based ride like Buzz Light Year. It should be good. Not sure when it opens, other than soon.

Remember to ask for ice water from the concession stands on hot days. The will give you a large cup filled with water and ice. No need to spend lots of money on soda. Or buy the big mugs that can be refilled. You will have to lug those around, however.

The shows are great places to rest and recuperate. Nemo, Lion King and Bugs Life are must see for kids at the Animal Kingdom.

The Living Seas restaurant in EPCOT is expensive, but has the fish tank to look at. The character breakfast in the Grand Floridian is the next best to the Princess one in the castle, IMO. Lots of one-on-one time with the characters there.

Be sure to check out the Disney site for what rides may be down for maintenance when you are there, too. And remember, Space Mountain is frequently (like every other week) knocked out by a lightning hit, so it will be down for extended periods in the summer.

Any way, if anyone has anything specific to ask about, I can usual hunt down the answer from the person in charge.
"The case of Great Britain is the most astonishing in this matter of inequality of rights in world soccer championships. The way they explained it to me as a child, God is one but He's three: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I could never understand it. And I still don't understand why Great Britain is one but she's four....while [others] continue to be no more than one despite the diverse nationalities that make them up." Eduardo Galeano, SOCCER IN SUN AND SHADOW
OldGiants is offline   Reply With Quote