Thread: Disney
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2008, 09:21 AM   #3
evil homer
n00b

we just got back from a week at Pop Century (me, wife, 8 yr old son and 4 year old daughter). couple of suggestions:

1) figure out what rides you really want to do and make use of the FastPass system. this allows you to come back to a ride at a certain time and go right to the front of the line. you can only have one at a time, so use them wisely. we never waited on a line longer than 30 minutes.

2) i disagree on the rental car. we always get one and use it every day. we take the bus to the parks in the morning and back in the afternoon, but when we go back to the parks in the evenings, we drove and by that time, a lot of people who had driven in the morning had left, and there were spots at the front of the lots. getting to the car and driving off is a lot better than waiting for a bus with 2 kids who are wiped out after a long day.

3) use the Dining Plan. i thought this would not be a good deal, but it was great. kids 9 and under are only $10/day (adults $37), but you get a sit down dinner at just about any restaurant, a counter service meal (burger, chicken fingers, etc) and a snack (just about anything under $4). if you are going to eat at nice restaurants every day, this is a must.

4) as for dining recommendations, the steakhouse in Canada in Epcot is my favorite. the mushroom fillet mingon melts in your mouth. also, on the boardwalk is the big river grille, which is a brewery that makes their own beer. you order a sampler and they bring out a shotglass of their 6 brews and you can choose after sampling each.

any other questions, fire away.