View Single Post
Old 04-26-2008, 03:59 PM   #150
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas_lov View Post
They should NOT change the rules to cater to one person. Shaq can't make free throws and that's his problem, not Greg Popovich's. Hack a Shaq is a brilliant strategy. If they don't want the Spurs to do it, Shaq should make his free throws or the Suns should take him out of the game. I think the Suns fans suggesting the rule change are just sore losers. The Suns should have kept Shawn Marion. At least with him they could get out of the 1st round!

Handchecking was a brilliant strategy as well. Why did they change the rule for that?

Look, no one is arguing that it is not a winning strategy. Hack a Shaq is a good strategy for winning basketball games and that is all Popovich is and should be concerned with. But it is BRUTAL to watch and goes against the type of free flowing up and down game that most people seem to enjoy the most. I don't see the joy in watching Jacque Vaughan wrap his arms around Shaq just as the ball is crossing half court. If I had to choose, I'll take the up and down action of the second half of last night's game where the Hack a Shaq was not employed over the play in the first half any day of the week.

And to be fair, I don't think any of the Suns fans on the board on asking for rule changes. To me, Hack A Shaq is an intentional and/or flagrant foul and should be called accordingly.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote