View Single Post
Old 04-26-2008, 12:52 AM   #126
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
Barring a massive collapse by the Spurs, the Suns will be down 3-0 and will lose the series. Does anyone besides Mike D'Antoni take the fall for this one?
I think the main goats are Amare, Shaq, LB, Diaw and Mike D. Amare because he's maybe the most talented guy on the floor but as tough as a wet kleenex. LB and Diaw haven't come close to balancing out Manu. And Shaq's PNR defense and foul shooting have hurt.

In the end, though, you have too look at the coach, GM and owner. They moved Kurt and Marion to land Shaq - and this team has done worse in the playoffs. Now, Sarver's doing great from a bottom line standpoint (the Shaq move has saved him millions - as did selling Kurt for picks). Still, the on-the court product didn't work out. Mike D should be gone, but I'm not sure how much of the moves was Kerr and how much was Sarver keeping his budget in tact.

Either way, I can't see D'Antoni coming back. But, who knows, anything can happen and Sarver has shown us that winning isn't the most important thing.

As to the Spurs, it's a crime Pop hasn't won Coach of the Year yet (or has he?). Any rare, he's a great coach and this Spurs team is a like a machine. My hope is that we see LAL, NO, SA and Utah next round. Those games should be great and it's going to be a tough road in the West.