View Single Post
Old 04-25-2008, 08:07 AM   #80
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
This is a big problem. That likely means that the screens and short passing game are defended very tightly, because that's where you get most of your 'Pick 6' plays. Given that Mizzou is a team that likes to throw a lot of short routes and screens, this would be a big issue if I were to get the game.

If it is the same issue as last year, which I'm willing to bet it is, it isn't the screens that most of the pick 6's are coming from. Simply, the cornerbacks are the fastest players on the field and they seem to be able to make unbelievable moves on interception returns. Last year, most of the pick 6's came for a deep interception in the middle of the field, the cornerback faking out a player or two and then burning everyone down a sideline. I bet it is the same this year.

As the guy from NCAA Strategies said, part of the problem is that DB's and linebackers in NCAA Football never stumble or fall after intercepting it in the game like they do in real life. They just catch it, make a perfect pivot, and then start running at full speed. If they added stumbling and such into the game, it would help the pick 6 issue greatly.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote