View Single Post
Old 04-22-2008, 12:14 AM   #95
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
I'd have booed them too, had I been there. Sheed goes for 24/9/7 and it should be an automatic win. Great job by the Sixers, and the Pistons need to start making free throws and layups and generally pulling their head out of their behinds about how good they think they are(boxing out might help too).

Sadly this game was classic Pistons. I hoped that with last year's loss to Cleveland that this year they would actually take the games seriously but there's no change. They go out there acting like there's no chance in hell they could lose the game and then they're surprised that they do. It's just a total lack of concentration and focus. How does the 2nd best free throw shooter in the league miss THREE free throws down the stretch?

Maybe its because they've become a fixture in the Eastern Conf Finals but they're out of excuses in my mind. They're not tired (Flip did a great job managing minutes), they're in the "underdog" role again since Boston is the one seed and Flip is not the problem - Flip's not drawing up missed layups or wide open shots in the huddle.

I really like this team - they've been so successful and have given us so much to cheer about in Detroit but it's really to the point where the fans aren't satisfied with another trip to the ECF - we want another title and we expect the players to act like they want it too and they just don't look like they do. They'll win this series but I could see them losing to Orlando and as much as I hate to say it I would not have much hope of them beating Boston. They're capable of beating any team in the league but if trying to flip the switch didn't work against a pretty average Cleveland team last year it's not going to work against a better Orlando team and a far better Boston team this year either.