View Single Post
Old 04-20-2008, 04:09 PM   #44
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I am all for sportmanship but he doesn't have to show them any respect. If anything they should be doing their best to make him show it.

I dunno, it's pretty hard to be more successful than the Duncan-era Spurs have been. By this logic you would have to say nobody in the modern era other than MJ deserves Shaq's respect, which is ridiculous I think. I mean seriously, what franchise deserves his respect if SA doesn't?

None of this changes how outstanding Shaq's career has been. But the man even admitted he was a hypocrite when he came to Miami and did a 180 on his opinion of Zo, and he explained why, which is exactly what I said: he demonizes and disrespects the opponent, the only way he can get fired up to play. I'm just saying it's too bad he has to be that juvenile about it, since the rest of the top players in the league(not just Duncan) aren't for the most part. For all the hate towards him, listen to the respect Kobe had for Phoenix after they beat the Lakers in the first round two years ago. In this aspect he's light years ahead of Shaq, and pretty much always has been.

In a twisted sort of way, when Shaq says these types of things it's actually his way of showing respect, as he doesn't say this crap about just any team. It's always when the stakes are highest.

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 04-20-2008 at 04:12 PM.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote