View Single Post
Old 04-20-2008, 12:06 PM   #37
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
the comments on flopping are just frustration. You give Duncan or Manu the foul situation Shaq had (with atleast 2 flops) and compound it with a tough loss and you would see all kinds of complaining on their end too. Honestly, I wouldn't pay it much attention.

Not so, see the series two years ago against Dallas. Other than a couple comments by Duncan milder than what Shaq said(something like there were an awful lot of whistles) in the middle of the series, there was pretty much no post-game complaining and most of them went out of their way to say that wasn't an issue. Shaq is simply doing here what he's always done: demonize and disrespect the opponent. He's done it his whole career, going back to his first Finals in Orlando when he went up against Hakeem. He's bashed Olajuwon, Mutombo, Wallace, the list goes on and on, accusing them all of being floppers. It's vintage Shaq, and the main reason why I personally dislike him as a player -- I wish he'd just be willing to respect his opponents win or lose like most guys do.

As far as the series goes, the Suns still have a great chance to win IF they can come back mentally from this. As it was last year, the only thing stopping them from beating the Spurs is whether or not they really believe they can do it and having the mental toughness to execute in key moments. They've had a more talented team than SA for quite some time now.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote