View Single Post
Old 10-22-2000, 07:13 AM   #13
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

2000 REGULAR SEASON FIRST QUARTER REPORT

(Home team in Caps.)

Carolina 38 ATLANTA 10 (0-1)
Ugh. Miserable game. Pringley was 9 for 28 with 6 interceptions, and backup Shane Matthews threw one as well. We also lost a fumble. Chuck Smith was the only bright spot, with 2.5 sacks. Overall, the defense wasn't that bad, giving up 16 first downs and 303 total yards, but its hard to recover from 8 turnovers.

SEATTLE 38 Atlanta 10 (0-2)
This time Pringley threw 4 INT's and we fumbled it away once. Carl Pickens caught 10 passes for 79 yards. As good as Pringley looked last year, he is looking far worse so far. His QB Rating is 19.0!!! I'm going to give rookie QB Junior Tsoi the start next week.

ATLANTA 9 St. Louis 6 (1-2)
Yay! Harris McDaniel went 3 for 3 in field goals, all in the first half, and the defense hung on for the win. Tsoi was 15 for 27, 103 yds and 2 INT's. Shane Matthews is disgruntled over lack of playing time. Might as well let him start. He can't do any worse. S Greg Jackson picked off 3 passes

CHICAGO 33 Atlanta 0 (1-3)
So much for the "squeaky wheel getting the grease." Matthews was 10 for 20 for 83 yards and 5 INT's. Our offense only managed 154 total yards. I'll give Pringley a week or two to show me something of his 1999 form, otherwise, rookie Tsoi will get the ball the rest of the way.