View Single Post
Old 04-13-2008, 09:05 AM   #170
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

As for the two controversial calls in the Wings/Preds series.

I don't have too much of a problem with the Game 1 call where the linesman got hit with the puck and caused it to stay "in" the zone. It was very close, the linesman got hit and couldn't be in a position to make it. I am fine with it.

I do, however, think the Preds were jobbed in Game 2. That first "non goal" was definitely a goal. I didn't hear the whistle before it went in and the net was clearly still on its morings. It was a much easier call than Yelle's similar goal in the Sharks/Flames series, which was considered a goal.

As for Holmstrom's goalie intereference. It was close. Goals have been waived off for less, but he's also scored goals while doing more. It's a total judgment call. Though I wouldn't be surprised if the next "judgment" call went against Detroit.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote