View Single Post
Old 04-12-2008, 09:55 AM   #152
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger View Post
he may have tried to kick it, but after seeing a few different angles it looks like the puck missed his foot entirely and went off of Salei's toe instead. Tough break for the Avs - the Wild have 5 goals, and two of them have been fluky deflections off an Avalanche skate in front.

once again, if you aren't watching, you're missing great hockey. This game was tied 1-1 late in the 3rd, but Mikko Koivu (who has KILLED the Avs his whole career) fires a 60' curveball that fools Jose Theodore to make it 2-1. The Avs pull their goalie and shortly thereafter Kim Johnsson hooks Ryan Smyth in front of the net to give the Avs a 6 on 4 PP. The Wild were crazy about the call, but it was a good one - Johnsson definitely hooked him, and Smyth probably would have scored if he hadn't. The Avs convert on the PP with 43 seconds left to send it into OT. where, of course, Keith Carney wins it.

Carney, as you know, is a sniper. He started slowly this year, with just zero goals in his first 60 games. But he scored one against the Avs in the final game of the season and now has 2 goals in his last 3 games, both against Colorado. We're going to need to make note of him every time he steps...er, lumbers on to the ice.

I'm with you, DD. This has been a great series. Colorado scares me. They really have a ton of talent up front and they're all healthy now. Theodore has looked solid too.

I still like the Avs in this one. They have a ton more firepower up front and the goaltending matchup has been more or less even to this point
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote