View Single Post
Old 04-11-2008, 09:15 PM   #97
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic View Post
hi, i'm 2 days ago, why didn't you post here when we were in the thick of the discussion and everyone still cared?

Jackass you posted at 8Am and I posted the SAME FUCKING DAY at 10PM.
Where the hell are your 2 days?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic View Post
i don't sell on ebay anyway. if i MUST sell, i do it on craigslist and i accept cash. no papertrails, no paypal. cash.

who are you gonna complain to then on craigslist? they don't get involved in disputes and there's no seller history/feedback. i don't sell much, but that's my method of choice when i need to.

do not think you know more.

Doesnt matter where you sell, you mentioned the contesting of the cards, I merely pointed out that they can be verified.

Sorry to bee an ass, actually Im not, but this is typical and tired of you. You make a blanket, false statement, someone calls you on it, you attack the person, then blow a straw man down and call yourself victorious.

The debate was not ebay vs craigslist
Its 15k in cash vs 31k in gas.

The only person who wouldnt take 31k in gas is you because you are too full of hot air. Grow up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post
Your lost of revenue is not minimal. The functions of gas stations at Cstores is not to sell gas, it's to get people to go inside and make impulse buys (A pack of smokes, a bottle of Arizona Iced Tea, a candy bar, lottery tickets, etc.) and to get people to come to that store to make regular Cstore purchases (since you provide them with two things they need, not just one). If you shut your pumps off (giving your customers only one thing they need), you are turning away a sizeable portion of your instore profit (since now they go down the street and get both gas and Cstore items somewhere else). It's the same reason stores like Best Buy will sell certain items, like CDs, at a lose. They take a high demand product, sell it for close to cost or even at a lose, to get people to go into the store and buy something else (that provides a high return).

Even if gas prices were to increase 40 cents in 2 weeks, which would be an incrediblly astronomical amount in that short of a time frame, he probably still loses more instore profit in those two weeks they are off (plus some profit in the weeks after since some of his regulars get used to going elsewhere) than he makes by playing speculation with gas prices and "hitting it big", which in your example, would give $400 per thousand gallons sold. If he has a 10k gallon tank, and he manages to sell it all in that one week, that's a $4000 return on an very improbable rise in gas prices, and I bet he loses more than $4k in profit in those two weeks from lose of instore business.

And that doesn't include the PR hit he'll take as the guy who let his pumps sit empty for 2 weeks while everyone else was able to keep up with demand.

Well in all honesty the store in question is at least 5 miles from the next cstore in a very rural area.
People will stop there to get there goods then realize there is no gas and move along, after theey buy their 6 pack and smokes.
.40 in 2 weeks may be unlikely but its exactly what we have seen in the past 2 weeks.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote