View Single Post
Old 04-11-2008, 06:53 AM   #93
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
There are so many bad arguments here it is pathetic.

-Number 1 I own a bsiness and 8 trucks. I get 5% back on my AmEx card, but you are damn right Id buy 31k in gas from anyone for 15k. We would probably meet at said store and have each card checked or some other security measure, but Id do it in a heartbeat. So you approach some corp. myth is debunked.

-10 years is garbage, our personal fuel bill is over $800/month maybe 5 years.

- you are damn right I will take a house WORTH 500 before I take 350k cash. Id sell the 500k house CHEAP for 450, make 100k extra and be tax sheltered, next.

- rambling about investing 15k for 15k worth of gas is assinine and totally not the point. I would gladly pay you 15k for 31k worth of gas today. (any idea wheen the last major gas price drop was?)

-why dont people do it alreeady? Ummm where the hell are you living? Ever hear of oil futures? thats exactly what that is, people bying tanker trucks full and sitting. Actually I know a local Cstore owner who shut off his pumps and tagged them out of fuel (while they were actually full) two weeks ago because he figured the gas would be worth more 1 week later.

I bet you would takee the hypothetical $100,000 before the magic penny too, right? Thats what you are saying....

Geez...15k liquid vs 31k hard goods....NO BRAINER and thats before we discuss tax implications, which by the way make it more of a no brainer.

hi, i'm 2 days ago, why didn't you post here when we were in the thick of the discussion and everyone still cared?
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote