View Single Post
Old 04-10-2008, 11:15 AM   #125
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Gary Roberts was amazing in those final seconds last night. I wasn't pleased with his hit that almost put Bass face-first into the boards, but he was ready to take on the whole Ottawa team. My goodness, I couldn't believe it. The officials tried to get him off the ice, and he wouldn't go. Absolutely amazing.

I didn't even notice that Chris Neil was out there for the Whitney-Redden incident or the Gary Roberts blowup at the end. Jeez, I almost feel bad for the psyches of the Senators, as they probably expect to get the living shit beat out of them for the next 3 games. I know Gary Roberts is tough as all get-out, but when an 41-year-old man coming off a broken leg is kicking an entire line's collective ass, there are serious issues.

This has the potential to get as silly as that Buffalo-Ottawa brawl from last year (?) when Lindy Ruff put his tough guys out there against Ottawa's #1 line. Spezza will be flat on his stomach getting beaten up, Heatley will do his roadrunner impression, and Mike Comrie will be laughing out on the golf course because he doesn't have to put up with that shit again.

I can't wait.