View Single Post
Old 04-09-2008, 10:30 PM   #1670
LloydLungs
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
I guess this is as good a thread as any for this. I can't believe Buzz Williams got the job at Marquette. I do not like Buzz Williams. I absolutely do not like Buzz Williams. Buzz Williams can go sit in the garbage.

Pumpy, your statement is about 1/100th as strongly as I feel about him. He's a scuzball, not surprising being a Gillispie guy, but he is.

However, our feelings about him at UNO are complicated. I don't hate him for leaving UNO, I just hate him for how he left -- burning bridges left and right and tossing our program under the bus in the process. Just as phony a person as there is in the world, but also not a particularly good basketball coach. From a pure basketball perspective I was thrilled he left, because we were going to be stuck with his mediocrity for a long time otherwise. I'm not surprised he fooled someone else into hiring him, but I'm absolutely floored that it was a Big East school.

I'm vacillating between being greatly amused at the idea of this retard matching "wits" with Pitino, Thompson, Boeheim, Huggins, et al on a nightly basis, and being angry that he'll be financially set for life in the process.

By the way Eaglesfan27, as for Tim Floyd, the move to LSU was never going to happen. That was a pure MrBug myth. No way Floyd was ever going to take over at a school that just fired his best coaching buddy. We're hoping very much that he will bring USC down here to open the new Lakefront Arena next season. Long shot, but the fingers are crossed here.
LloydLungs is offline   Reply With Quote