View Single Post
Old 04-09-2008, 06:53 PM   #70
lynchjm24
College Benchwarmer

Hi I'm Hell Atlantic.

Give me the choice between 4 Super Bowl tickets and $50.

I will take $50 because 'CASH IS KING'.

For the sake of this argument we have to assume that there are no strings on the gift cards. Obviously if there is other information we don't have we can't truly measure the deal.

To take the cash over the gas is so stupid on so many levels it is painful.

If you don't think you can find a business owner who would give you 25k for 31k worth of gas you are out of your mind.

You are talking about 10 years from now. This could not be more ridiculous. No one is going to hold onto the gas for 10 years, it could be sold this weekend. You are probably 100% wrong anyway. Most likely the price of the gasoline will far outpace inflation and 9,000 gallons of gas would be more valuable in 2018 then it is in 2008.

Your housing argument is the stupidest one of all. If a house is worth 500k then that is what you get for it. If you can't sell it for 500k then it isn't worth 500k. It's worth exactly what it can be sold for. If you are talking about appraised value that is something completely different. But I guess I'm the one who shouldn't be discussing hypothetical financial situations.

This gas isn't appraised at 31k. The gas is worth 31k.

The idea that your time is too valuable to sell the gas is laughable. You have thousands of posts about nothing on a message board about imaginary football players in imaginary football leagues.

Go fuck a sandwich.
lynchjm24 is offline   Reply With Quote