View Single Post
Old 04-09-2008, 01:38 PM   #65
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
I think most people are 'voting' on this based on that you have to keep and use $15K or 9000 gallons of gas (and they couldn't sell it). If that is the case, yes, I'm going with $15K because it would take 8-10 years for me to personally burn through that much gas.

I really hope there is no one disputing that the value of 9000 gallons of gas >>> $15K

this is the case for me - if i have to keep either then i'm going for the cash. who knows what the status of gas would be 10 years from now. that's like if it was the year 1995 someone saying they'd prefer to have gift cards that could be redeemed for hundreds of CRT tvs and meanwhile 10 years later everyone is buying plasma tvs.

i still would wind up taking the money probably if selling the gift cards was an option. go on ebay and tell me how many entries you see for gas gift cards. my experience with craigslist is a lot of people are there to waste time. to have to repeatedly sell gift cards and hope each and every separate transaction goes off smoothly is not worth it to me. no one is gonna buy all 9K worth of gift cards from you. you're gonna have to deal with many separate bunches of people. i couldn't even sell bootleg copies of Adobe CS3 - which retails for over $700 - for $125. now that's a deal and i still can't find legit buyers.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote