View Single Post
Old 04-09-2008, 04:07 AM   #1663
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
On the other hand, I've seen pretty much every televised game for the Lady Vols this season. And while I've followed them more closely since marrying into a UT family, I've actually been watching them since the 70's when they signed a couple of players from the area where I grew up. And this team was special.

I don't know that I've ever felt any more of an attachment to a team than this one. The personalities were so distinct, the concern they had for each other so obvious, the amount of effort & determination, and an amazing amount of respect for the tradition. Seeing players this talented -- a likely #1 overall pick, another near sure 1st rounder, and possibly as many as three more future pros -- focused on the name on the front, not the name on the back ... just an incredible experience & a joy to have watched them.

And did I mention
BACK 2 BACK

I didn't get to see the game, but I listened on the radio whenever work would allow me. It sounds like Tennessee just swallowed up Stanford like a boa constrictor. Anosike (spelling?) was insane, with six steals in the first half. Stanford had cruised through the tourney with gaudy offensive performances over even quality teams like Maryland, but Tennessee just put the clamps down. 48 points for Stanford is a number I would never have guessed.

Pat Summitt rules. Congrats to the Lady Vols.