View Single Post
Old 04-08-2008, 10:12 PM   #1658
the_meanstrosity
College Benchwarmer

Yeah, it's one of those "I never thought it would happen to Kansas" moments. You're so used to being on the other end of a "charmed moment" that it's a bit scary, lol.

Great game by both Memphis and Kansas though last night. Neither team's defense would let the other's offense really get on track. Even if Kansas lost last night, I would have been OK with it because Memphis was just so good. I don't remember which player said it, but watching those two teams was like looking in a mirror. Calipari is a great coach and he's going to get another chance...of that I have no doubt. CDR and Rose are going to make some serious money in the NBA. Memphis has no reason to hang their heads. They had an incredible season and one loss to end the season won't diminish what they did all year in my eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
{inane KU chatter- anyone else might want to just gloss over this and let the_meanstrosity and I enjoy ourselves }

I thoroughly enjoyed it. Well, except for about 15 minutes- I got swallowed into the giant mess that went from about 8 1/2th to 10 1/2th on Mass. It was fun for about 3 minutes and then when I couldn't control where I was going, how much beer was getting dripped on my jacket, where my wife had been carried off to, etc- then it lost some charm. We then just met up and skirted along the edge of Mass, going between the numbered streets on Vermont.

I still just can't get over it today. Not only that we won but the way we won and how everyone, everyone had pretty much given up hope. I know a lot of people are talking about a choke and what not. But, man, there's the other side to it, the charmed, dream ending- like something you would do on a playground, setting up down by a fake 9 points with 2 minutes to go. It wasn't as surreal as the football season, but close...

SI
the_meanstrosity is offline   Reply With Quote