View Single Post
Old 04-08-2008, 09:11 PM   #1656
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

{inane KU chatter- anyone else might want to just gloss over this and let the_meanstrosity and I enjoy ourselves }

I thoroughly enjoyed it. Well, except for about 15 minutes- I got swallowed into the giant mess that went from about 8 1/2th to 10 1/2th on Mass. It was fun for about 3 minutes and then when I couldn't control where I was going, how much beer was getting dripped on my jacket, where my wife had been carried off to, etc- then it lost some charm. We then just met up and skirted along the edge of Mass, going between the numbered streets on Vermont.

I still just can't get over it today. Not only that we won but the way we won and how everyone, everyone had pretty much given up hope. I know a lot of people are talking about a choke and what not. But, man, there's the other side to it, the charmed, dream ending- like something you would do on a playground, setting up down by a fake 9 points with 2 minutes to go. It wasn't as surreal as the football season, but close...

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote