View Single Post
Old 04-08-2008, 12:09 AM   #43
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
My tested vets you mean tested in first and second round play? They've had a complete meltdown the last month and they've shown no real signs of breaking out of it. The offense isn't dynamic enough to score on Anaheim, and the D isn't strong enough to take the beating they'll get from the Ducks forwards. Turco may've played great last playoffs but he still has the stigma of the unclutch goalie and lastly Anaheim is reaching their stride, while Dallas hasn't even hit the worst of their slide.

I generally agree with all this, but I still think Dallas has too much talent for us to sweep them or take four of five unless things just break our way. I suspect this will be a six or seven gamer. I believe we should win--we had the better record and we have home ice and we're the defending champs, with all that goes with that. But "should" doesn't win series, especially in fierce intradivisional playoff series--there is no love lost between Dallas and Anaheim, anymore than there will be if we play San Jose at some point. I think Dallas is still one very talented team, and if we rest on our laurels, we're going to get our asses handed to us.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote