View Single Post
Old 04-07-2008, 02:03 PM   #24
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
Speaking of this series, it's great that the Wild went out and got Chris Simon in addition to Boogaard and Fedoruk to, you know, contend with the likes of Ian Laperrier.

it gets funnier. a week or so ago I was watching the Wild & Avs play and the Wild guys were going on and on about how much tougher the Wild were this year and how much different it was going to be for the Wild in this postseason. And I'm thinking, are any of those guys even going to play???

There was a little incident at the end of Sunday's game involving Lappy and Gaborik. Lappy grabbed Gaborik's stick and Gabby pushed at Lappy. The two eventualyl traded a couple of lame blows but it wasn't much of a fight. I was shocked they each got 5 for it instead of roughing minors. Heck, Lappy didn't even take off his gloves.

Boogaard (a scratch on Sunday) has been talking a little shit about it, but it hasn't generated much buzz. The Avs are not the Ducks. Lappy will fight anyone, but he's maybe 6' tall and if guys like Gaborik is willing to take him on....The other "tough" guy is Cody McLeod. He can fight...but he tends to, shall we say, choose his battles very carefully.