View Single Post
Old 04-07-2008, 11:38 AM   #17
TurnerONU22
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
So here's what Pierre McGuire has to say about the Wings:

"It hurts me to say this, but I think the Red Wings are in trouble. I think they are an older team. I think they're in trouble because they're not a balanced offense. I think they're in trouble because their goaltending is unproven this year."

Wow. That's pretty fucking original Pierre. The Wings old? That's an incredible observation. Perhaps you could also mention how they lack toughness and will get pushed around by the likes of San Jose or Anaheim.

And their goal tending unproven? Completely. It's not like they won the Jennings Trophy this year or anything. Oh wait...

There are plenty of knocks against the Wings. They are far from a sure thing in these playoffs, but I would really like some expert/analyst to come up with something original and based on, oh, I don't know, facts or actual performance of something.

One of McGuire's other arguments a couple weeks ago on NBC was another original: "They only have over 100 points because they're playing in the weaker Central division and have CHI, STL and CBJ to feast on"

TurnerONU22 is offline   Reply With Quote