View Single Post
Old 04-07-2008, 10:07 AM   #8
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

So here's what Pierre McGuire has to say about the Wings:

"It hurts me to say this, but I think the Red Wings are in trouble. I think they are an older team. I think they're in trouble because they're not a balanced offense. I think they're in trouble because their goaltending is unproven this year."

Wow. That's pretty fucking original Pierre. The Wings old? That's an incredible observation. Perhaps you could also mention how they lack toughness and will get pushed around by the likes of San Jose or Anaheim.

And their goal tending unproven? Completely. It's not like they won the Jennings Trophy this year or anything. Oh wait...

There are plenty of knocks against the Wings. They are far from a sure thing in these playoffs, but I would really like some expert/analyst to come up with something original and based on, oh, I don't know, facts or actual performance of something.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote