View Single Post
Old 04-01-2008, 11:19 PM   #159
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
Well, in the case of Ethier, Kouzmanoff, Gordon, and Zimmerman, you have young players who are supposed to do far better this season.

On the other hand, if you look at those that I counted in the "better" group several of those are at least possible suspects to finish with worse numbers than the Byrnes line (although they might not hold on to the 3rd spot in the order if they do).

I think Abreu, Griffey, and Sheffield could slip beneath that due to either age or injury, and Hamilton, Markakis, and Barton are all still fairly inexperienced & could conceivably go in the wrong direction (not expecting it or predicting, just saying it could certainly happen). And Chipper isn't exactly the most durable guy in the majors.

So it seems to me there's at least as many reasonable candidates to go backwards towards Byrnes numbers as there are those who would seem likely to move solidly ahead of them.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 04-01-2008 at 11:19 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote