View Single Post
Old 04-01-2008, 09:39 PM   #136
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty3281 View Post
I called you a dumbass because instead of just taking what I was saying for what it was, an opinion, you seemed to try to call me out like I was saying something all questionable. I said what everyone knows, Byrnes is no Matt Holliday. Then again, the Dbacks are built for defense & pitching. That is all. I didn't say they are fucked. I like their team. I also brought up that they got OUTSCORED in an entire season despite the winning record because that is obviously a product of their weak lineup- and they were only the fifth team in ML HISTORY to make the playoffs when that has happened, so that might be a concern if you are banking on lighting striking in a bottle twice. Just bringing up shit. It's baseball season, I want to discuss teams without you getting all hostile.

Don't even bother - you're pointing out a logical argument that he's just not comprehending. Teams that get outscored generally regress. With the D-backs, they have enough young talent that I would not expect it to happen again this year.

FWIW, the Pythagorean is pretty accurate, but I think there's a legit arguement that a really good or really bad bullpen can skew the results.
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote