View Single Post
Old 10-21-2000, 06:42 PM   #1
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Post The Paul W. "Bear" Bryant Challenge

Well, I was very close to ready to pick my original Bear Bryant Challenge thread up again, but alas, GA deleted everything. Therefore, I will begin anew. The rules to this Challenge are few:

1. My team will only have SEC players.
2. Computer signs all draft picks.
3. Renegotiations only in the last year of a players' contract, and all must take place after the playoffs start.
4. Firing option is ON.
5. Franchise player option only can be used on 10+ year veterans, and can't be used 2 straight seasons.

For those that remember the first Bear Bryant Challenge, I used the Falcons' roster as a starting point and traded away all their talent for SEC players (including trading Chandler and 2 2nd-round picks for Peyton Manning.) I played through the end of 2038 before other things distracted me. My team was very successful, with a regular season record of 411-226-3, 30 playoff appearances in 40 seasons, 9 Front Office Bowl appearances and 6 Championships. This time, I'm going to use the Falcons again, but I'm going to start by RELEASING all non-SEC players on the Falcons' orginal roster. Starting out this way should give me a pretty good chance of getting fired before I can get this team off of the ground. I LOVE this challenge, as the restricted player pool forces me to root around for players, trade up or down in the draft according to player availability and it causes me to get genuinely excited when I draft a near-maxed-out-ratings stud on my team, since that doesn't happen nearly as often doing it this way.

[This message has been edited by SkyDog (edited 10-22-2000).]

Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote