View Single Post
Old 03-24-2008, 07:52 PM   #366
Shkspr
College Benchwarmer

Why does the owner need to discuss tactics openly? The owner is the only one who can see that the team is going to run to the left 50% of the time, so unless he tells the entire team, how is that going to give the game away? Suggestions from players to the coach are fine, but have to be taken with a grain of salt (like "make sure you're throwing me the ball a lot". Which isn't a bad idea, Larry. I converted nearly 70% of the passes thrown my way with no drops. But I digress.) But the only "strategy" that a spy could take away from that is if the QB told his LT and LG to make sure to have their tactics set to run block in view of everyone. Maybe owners just need to make sure individual tactic settings are set via PM. Or nominate captains for each position group to relay group settings from the owner/coach.

Bottom line is, I don't think the game has evolved to the point where preparing for games is particularly collaborative. It's still dice rolls in the computer, and I think it would take real time weeks of training changes to materially take advantage of advance knowledge of a team's strengths and weaknesses.
Shkspr is offline   Reply With Quote