View Single Post
Old 03-24-2008, 04:14 PM   #196
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurtism View Post
FrogMan: If you are going indy, try RASL by Jeff Smith (the man who gave us Bone). Issue one came out about a month ago. No idea where the story will go, but Smith gets a lifetime pass for Bone.

*Unsolicited Recommendation Alert*

If you have kids, buy Bone - Amazon has the one-volume edition, over 1300 pp for under $30. I have (and love) that version, but plan to buy the 9 (7 currently published) colored editions from Scholastic. Been reading a chapter or so every night to my almost-5-year old, and she loves it. Even got her a Fone Bone plush for Easter, she won't put him down

funny you mention it, I've had Bone on my radar screen for a little while now. Almost bought the One book about a month ago but went for a few other smaller things. I didn't even know they'd started putting out colored ones until I saw them on HeavyInk ($7.99 each only after rebate btw ). So they are on my wishlist.

I'd seen Rasl on there, read a couple of critics, saw a five page preview but got lazy and didn't add to my pull list. Long story short, they ran out of #1 but got some back in the middle of last week. My order for #1 has been placed and it's now on my pull list.

Neozoic is another Red 5 title (publisher of Atomic Robo) that I'm waiting to receive my copies.

Oh, and I'm currently reading the first trade of Fell by Warren Ellis. Outsanding stuff! Each issue is only 16 pages but Ellis packs them tight, most of them in 9 panels pages. Great detective stories... Couple reviews from HeavyInk members on this page.

FM