View Single Post
Old 03-16-2008, 06:55 PM   #393
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
I bet Dayton, Illinois State and perhaps others would have gotten in before Arizona State. We'll never know of course but they were throwing around an RPI in the 80s when they were discussing Arizona State today. Whether it *should* be a key factor or not is of course up for debate, but given what we know about selection proccesses, I'd say there's no way in hell Arizona State was getting in.

I don't think it's as clearcut as that, although I agree that Arizona State is not the only bubble team that has the "right" to hate on Georgia. UC San Diego and Temple probably deserve some hate from them, too. Who else? I forget what others might have deprived a spot from the bottom of the at-large pool.

ASU's RPI was brought down because of a bad OOC schedule and rightfully, but they did what they were supposed to with that schedule (winning them all), and they also beat Xavier, won several key Pac-10 games, including over current NCAA teams and finished 5th and .500 in the statistical top conference in the NCAA.

IMO, I would say that "no way in hell" is a good deal off the mark when describing ASU's chances.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 03-16-2008 at 07:00 PM. Reason: Edited to add "smilie" :)
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote