View Single Post
Old 03-15-2008, 08:44 PM   #220
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

My Top 4

Memphis
UCLA
UNC (regardless of tomorrow)
Kansas wins, they get it. Kansas loses and G'town loses, Texas gets it. Kansas loses and G'Town wins, it's a toss up between G'town and Texas.

Texas, G'town and Kansas will be, at worst, #2s, regardless of what happens tonight/tomorrow.

UNC grabs the East regional #1, Memphis South #1, UCLA West #1.

If Kansas is Midwest #1, Texas goes out west as #2, and G'town is the East #2. Duke South #2 and Tennessee Midwest #2.

If Texas is Midwest #1, G'town will still be East #2, but the rest will depend on the Selection Committee's sense of humor. If that humor is "pure evil", they will send Kansas back out West to be #2 to UCLA, which will piss KU fans off royally. If not, they will send them to the South. If "pure evil" is the setting, Tennessee goes to the South to set up a Memphis rematch. If not, they could go Midwest or West. My guess is West, with Duke still to the Midwest.

If G'town is Midwest #1, Kansas or Texas will be Midwest #2 (probably Texas), setting up a situation like last year with UCLA #2 in its own region, with Kansas out of region #1. "Pure evil" setting steps in again to determine if Kansas goes out West. If East #2 is open, I think Duke gets that, so if KU isn't out West, they go South #2 and Tennessee goes West.

I can't think of any other team getting serious discussion as a #2 or higher except perhaps if Wisconsin wins the B-10, and they will be weighed down by the down year of that conference. Indiana lost too early, Stanford lost three of its last five games, Xavier lost too early.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote