View Single Post
Old 03-13-2008, 06:47 AM   #39
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
K, it was my understanding that 6 onwards, you only saw the splits in the lineup screen, whereas in 5, you saw combined. Is this incorrect? In 5 (and some in 6), I managed everything through the lineup and depth chart screens.

I've played the game so little that I honestly couldn't tell you. I started playing a game last year with the Tigers in 1903 and got up through 1913, then got sick of some of the issues I saw and stopped. The other 95% of the time, I've basically used the game as an historical simmer. I sim a variety of historical scenarios and simply view the results. And even when I played the game, I still simmed week-by-week, so I'm not sure I've ever seen the in-game lineup screen for 2K7.

The one thing I devoted a substantial amount of time to - all for nothing, it turned out - was trying to replicate the Federal League in a "What If?" scenario, where the Federal League ran concurrently with the real MLB, and instead of ending in 2 years, continued on. What I wanted to do was still limit the player universe to just MLB players, shared between the 2 leagues. It worked for a while, but somewhere in the 40s or 50s, the FL ran out of starting pitchers and ended up with some crazy pitching stats. I think I ran that first league through 1970-something, and it was neat seeing who ended up in what league (or, once released, who switched leagues and how they performed). It took a ton of effort to get the original 1914 and 1915 FL team rosters correct, which I did, and then let the game go from there. I still think it's a cool idea and will probably pick it up again, but I'll have to figure out how to fix the issues. But that's the kind of thing this game is capable of, which is why it still draws me in despite the frustrations I've mentioned.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote