View Single Post
Old 03-11-2008, 02:23 PM   #494
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf View Post
There's incentive in a way. I believe what you saw is him but if one was so inclined you could ramp it up in a karson kressly sort of way as a blueprint for success. There are many examples actually. I can see how in some way you might believe the gay "queen" is more loveable to the general hollywood public. See Will and Grace.

But in a competition where he's depending on votes not from the "hollywood public" but historically, from the south (that's where most of the votes come from), I don't get the idea that acting like a queen would garner him any fans. It's hard to compare David H and Danny because one has performed much better than the other, but David H is, by all accounts (not just the dancing thing, but the info that he's had a steady boyfriend) gay as well, and has done much better not making an issue out of it.

As far as the Will and Grace thing...I agree, to an extent. The difference is that the character on W&G was essentially comic relief, and I have to believe that Danny really wanted to compete and do well, not just be the comic relief for the show. But who knows. Maybe he saw the attention that Britney defender dude got on Youtube and decided the only way he'd make a name for himself on AI is to play a part that the show was eager to cast. I guess it's possible.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote