View Single Post
Old 03-11-2008, 02:03 PM   #24
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
The whole thing where you have SION pages different than the whole other set of pages is/was horribly thought out. There are mapping issues where you can get to similar information, but the pages you get to have slight differences in what they provide. Having two sets of player pages is bizarre, and especially when I play historical leagues and want to compare real history with the simmed history, it's a pain in the butt trying to go between the player card and the in-game player profile that has their real stats - the profile's layout of simmed stats is nowhere near as nice/easy to view as the player card...oh, except for the history section, where the profile separates out the awards but the SION card doesn't!!!.

Here's an example of lunacy. You want to view the league's history? There are 2 ways that I see - (1) from the League Home Page, click the History button to the far right on the bar just below the SION ad. But where's the Hall of Fame? Oh, you want the history you can view (2) from the League Tab at the top, drop down and click History. THERE's the Hall of Fame, on a tab right ABOVE the SION ad...that doesn't exist from the other way of getting to the history (unless you take a specific route from the one history page to the other). Confused? You should be. Two different history links, with some different info depending on which way you go.

So let's stick with HoFers for a minute...let's say I want to view the HoFers and be able to sort them by most hits, or ABs, or most saves, or IP, or whatever. Follow the one link that has the Hall of Fame on a tab at the top, and what do you get? A non-sortable list of HoFers in "profile" view. Surely there's a way to view them in sortable fashion, right? Yep - but you have to go back to the league history, hit "awards" and there is the list of HOFers in a SION page ("register") format, sortable and everything. But wait! Where's the individual All-Star, MVP, Cy Young, and Gold Glove info? Not on this page - it's on the OTHER, non-sortable HoF page!

Awful, just awful.

I don't disagree with any of this. But I guess I'd prefer to have the information than not. I think there are some information architecture issue that need to be fixed, but that's not interface to me.

But I agree with all of it. And I'd add that I think it's too hard to publish a web site of your league OR to get statistics of particular things.

It should be one-touch simple to be able to publish information related to your team or league in printable format and right now, it's downright cumbersome to do anything like that for most things. It makes immersion difficult and as a result, turns the game into an albatross.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote