View Single Post
Old 03-09-2008, 01:48 PM   #228
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

We started off with a 8-0 run, but they quickly worked their way back into it. Tied at 12 with 11 minutes to go in the half.

A very tight game throughout the first half as we have frequent lead changes. We go into the half, up 34-33.

Andres is the player of the half. He has 12 points, 2 boards, 3 assists, and 2 steals.

After getting down by 6, we go on a 9-0 run and are leading 47-44 with 12:44 to go. They call a timeout and get Starkey back into the game to try to end the run.

They do end the run and they take a 49-48 lead by the time I have to rest Andres with 10 minutes to go.

With 9 minutes to go, Bogans picks up his 4th foul on a good move by Buboltz.

With 5 minutes to go, Santos picks up his 4th foul. We are up 62-61, but I rest him for a few minutes anyway as Andres comes back into the game.

An Acasio jumper gives them the lead and after missed baskets by both sides, Lampley hits a 10 foot jumper to make it a 65-62 lead.

Snow fakes a 3 and drives in for a layup to pull us back within 1.

With 3:20 to go, we put Santos and Bogans back into the game as well as Hodari.

After missed baskets by both sides, Buboltz hits a 14 footer to make it a 3 point game again.

After Andres has a driving layup blocked, Santos gets the carom and kicks it out to a wide open Everett. He drills the 3! Tied at 67 with 1:44 to go.

Buboltz with a 6 footer for 2. Everett with a quick drive into the lane draws the foul and the free throws. The freshman drills them both!

They fast break off that basket and Lampley gets a slam dunk. He has 14 for them. 71-69.

We work the clock down, finally with 5 seconds left, Everett passes to Andres in the corner.. it's long. Hodari despite being surrounded by two much taller players get the offensive board. He kicks it out to Santos who swings it to Everett who passes to Andres in the corner.. he launches the 3... it's good!!! 72-71. 28 seconds left.

With 5 seconds left, Hodari fouls Acasio. We are in the bonus. Acasio makes both FT's to give them a 1 point lead.

We get it across halfcourt and call timeout with 3.4 seconds left.

Santos inbounds it to Andres, he runs off a quick screen and shoots the 3 from the top of the key.. it's good!!! 75-73 win

Andres is the player of the game. He scored 23 points, 3 boards, 4 assists, 2 steals. He shot 8 of 14, 3 of 7, and 4 of 5.

Everett had 12 points and 5 assists. He shot 2 of 10, 1 of 5, and 7 of 8.

Hodari had 10 points, 4 boards, and 3 assists.

Santos had 9 points, 6 boards, 3 assists, 2 steals, and a block.

Bodans had 6 boards and a block.

Snow had 14 points and 3 steals. He shot 4 of 8, 2 of 4, and 4 of 6 in just 18 minutes.

I was just looking at Andres' "card" and I never realized that he was so highly regarded as a H.S. player. This isn't some diamond in the rough. Somehow Niagara got this 4 star player out of H.S. He was ranked 81st overall in his H.S. class and 16th among SF's.

Our next game is at Canisus which is now 6-11. I probably won't play that until later this week.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 03-09-2008 at 01:49 PM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote