View Single Post
Old 03-09-2008, 12:14 PM   #227
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

We've been effectively double teaming Bauer and we've gotten two early fouls on him which have limited him to 5 minutes of the first 10. We are up 16-10 at the 10 minute mark.

With just over 5 minutes to go, Hodari gets a 3rd foul on Bauer. We are up 26-23 at the time.

With 3 minutes to go, they get a 3rd foul on Santos. They have 3 very good PF's/C's.

Despite that, we go on a little run to end the half. 37-29 lead at halftime.

Santos is the player of the half with 13 points, 5 boards, 2 assists.

Andres has 10 points, 4 boards, and 1 assist.

If Santos fouls out, I think we'll be in deep trouble, but I can't afford to sit him either.

We are up 54-44 with 10 minutes to go and our starters tiring. I rest Everett and Andres.

We are up 57-48 with 6 minutes to go when I put Everett and Andres back in and rest my other starters.

With 5:16 to go, Everett gets a 4th foul on Bauer.

From the 4:30 mark to the 2:30 mark they go on a 8-0 run to cut a 60-48 lead to 60-56. The run includes 2 3's by their SG. I get Hodari back in to guard him as Snow isn't doing a good job of it. I also get the rest of my starters back into the game

They bring Bauer and the rest of their starters back into the game.

After a defensive stop and a defensive rebound, Santos fires an outlet pass to Everett who finds Hodari beating everyone down the court.. slam dunk! 62-56.

Bauer with a hook and the foul for a 3 point play. 1:30 to go.

We run one of our favorite plays, Everett gives it Andres on the wing, he fakes the baseline (which he sometime takes), cuts back towards the middle using a pick from Bogans, collapses the defense as he drives the lane, kicks it out to Santos who hits an open 18 footer! 64-59.

We immediately double team Bauer in the post when he gets the ball, Santos steals it.. quick pass from Santos down the length of the court to Hodari who is breaking away.. he beats everyone.. slam dunk! 66-59.

They miss a quick 3 and have to start intentionally fouling. Andres makes both FT's and after a quick missed 3, they don't even bother fouling with 25 seconds left and us having a 9 point lead.

We win 68-59.

Hodari was the player of the game. 19 points, 2 boards, 2 assists, 1 steal. He shot 8 of 13, 1 of 2, and 2 of 2.

Everett with 2 points, 4 assists, and 1 steal. He should be completely healed from his ankle injury by our next game, but he was still slowed today. He shot 1 of 7.

Andres with 17 points, 6 boards, 4 assists, and 2 turnovers. He shot 7 of 17, 1 of 4, and 2 of 2.

Santos with 17 points, 8 boards, 3 assists, and 1 turnover. He shot 4 of 8, 0 of 1, and 9 of 10 from the line.

Bogans with 4 points, 12 boards, and 2 assists.

Snow had 9 points and an assist. He shot 3 of 6, 0 of 3, and 3 of 7. He had 2 3 point attempts blocked.

We held Bauer to 11 points, 4 boards, and 2 blocks. He shot shot 4 of 11 and 3 of 5 from the line. Due to foul trouble he only played 19 minutes.

Our next opponent is 8-7 Siena but they are the most talented team we've faced all year. However, they have several injuries. SF Jalen Cobb is out with a lower back strain. PF Mario Buboltz is probable as he recovers from a dislocated finger. Big star center Jonny Lampley is probable with a bruised sternum. Athletic PF Tarik Sanders is probable with a pulled hamstring that should slow down his speed.

Siena has a ton of talent with SG Demetris Acasio and PG Ira Starkey being tremendous 3 point shooters. They lost some of their talent from last year, but their front 5 matches up favorably to ours at every position except SF where Andres has the advantage. However, Everett is completely healed from his injury and I think he has the speed to give Starkey a good challenge.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 03-09-2008 at 12:15 PM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote